It is the responsibility of the Area Delegate:
- To know and understand the feelings and the informed conscience of the members within the Area concerning the General Service Conference Agenda items.
- To enhance the communications from the Groups to the General Service Conference and back.
- To attend the General Service Conference, prepared to express the conscience of the Area as a result of having presented and discussed the Conference Agenda items throughout the Area during the months preceding the Conference.
- To attend the Pacific Region A.A. Service Assembly (PRAASA), Pacific Regional Forums, and where appropriate, other Regional or State service functions.
- To attend all Northern California Council of Alcoholics Anonymous (NCCAA) Conferences as a member of the NCCAA Steering Committee and coordinate service activities with the California Northern Coastal Area (CNCA).
- To send a list of the newly elected Panel of Area Officers to the Conference Coordinator immediately following the Election Assembly.