The Literature Chairperson is part of the A.A. structure and is appointed by the Area Chairperson. The purpose of the Literature Chairperson is to promote the use and awareness of A.A. literature rather than to function as a sales outlet. The Literature Chairperson is expected to stay informed about new and revised literature. Information sources about literature include Box 459, literature guidelines, the A.A. Service Manual, mail received from the Literature Coordinator at the General Service Office in New York, and the Quarterly Report from the General Service Office.
The Responsibilities of the Literature Chairperson are to:
- Promote A.A. Conference-Approved and service material literature for use as resources.
- Set up displays at Area functions, District functions, and other events that do not conflict with Area functions.
- Maintain and update an inventory of materials, with prudence as a guide.
- Order materials from A.A. World Services using the account set up for Area.
- Charge sales tax from chart provided by Area Treasurer.
- Keep a record of sales.