It is the responsibility of the Area Registrar:
- To maintain a current list of all Groups known to the Area, listed with the General Service Office (GSO) in New York. This includes contact information for the Groups, whether they are GSRs or Group Contacts.
- To receive all changes in Area information and either update FNV, or notify GSO promptly.
- To distribute the following to DCMs:
- A list of all current Groups on record with the Area for their Districts.
- Any Group information coming from GSO to the District or Groups through the Area.
- Registrar forwards all pending Group notices from the GSO Records Department to the appropriate DCM.
- Registrar sends welcome letters to all new listed Groups receiving a service number.