It is the responsibility of the Area Treasurer:
- To remind and encourage the A.A. Groups of their financial responsibility to support District, Area, and GSO, and the spiritual significance of self-support.
- To receive, record, deposit, and report all income received by the Area, acknowledging each in writing. Check the PO Box or arrange to receive mail regularly. Contributions received should be deposited and recorded in a timely manner.
- To maintain a list of contributions to be submitted quarterly to the DCMs.
- To make timely disbursements for such purposes as determined by the approved Area Budget and to maintain records thereof.
- To maintain bank accounts with other Area Officers as signatories.
- To submit monthly operating statements to include a summary of the Area’s receipts for publication in the Accents/Acentos, so that they are available for review at Area Assemblies and ACMs.
- To prepare and present the proposed Annual Area Budget with assistance from the Area Officers and the Area Finance Committee following the Budget Preparation Schedule.
- To assure that proper tax reporting is performed as required with the assistance of a CPA. This includes updating the 501C3 form on an annual basis:
- Prior year Sales Tax due to Board of Equalization due January 31st – Schedule A-1
- Three Annual Tax Filings, each are due by May 15th:
- Department of the Treasury – Form 990 – EZ
- Franchise Tax Board – Form 199
- Registry of Charitable Trusts – Form RRF – 1